Friday 28 Jul, 2017
Opportunity to work at NETS Victoria! We are looking for a full time Exhibitions Coordinator (Maternity Leave position)
You will be responsible for the coordination, logisitic and presentation of NETS Victoria touring exhibitions and programs. This full time role is a maternity leave contract until July 2018 and is based at The Ian Potter Centre, Federation Square.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the contemporary art, craft and design sector, and gallery and museum practices in Victoria and interstate;
- Demonstrated experience in exhibition project management, including the documentation, conservation, movement and tracking of works and the coordination of incoming loans from artists, private lenders and institutions;
- Experience in the care, packing, handling, installing and display of contemporary art, craft and design to museum standards, and working with different gallery display systems, along with an understanding of contemporary exhibition design and practice;
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral maintain a responsive, professional, open and enthusiastic manner with internal and external stakeholders, including the regional gallery network and the ability to problem solve in to difficult situations;
- High level organisational and administrative skills including computer literacy skills and a proven ability to manage complex tasks simultaneously, prioritise work and meet strict deadlines.
- Current driver’s license.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a broad range of regional and national institutions as well as artists and curators. Working in a small and highly dedicated team, the position will also have the opportunity to travel at various times to deliver projects.
Please provide CV, application responding to the key selection criteria and cover letter to email@example.com by Monday 14 August 5pm.
Visit our website to access Annual Reports and the current strategic plan.